The course is an introductory course and is aimed at those who have never used a computer before or those who have had limited interaction with a computer. The aim of the course is to empower individuals with skills to operate a personal computer, create and edit documents, effective creation of worksheets, creating presentation slides, and effective use of the Internet and E-mail.
This course is aligned to SAQA/NQF Unit Standards.
- Module 1: Introduction to Information and Communications Technology (ICT) - Unit Standard 117925
- Module 2: MS Windows - Unit Standard 258883
- Module 3: MS Word - Unit Standard 117924
- Module 4: MS Excel - Unit Standard 116937
- Module 5: MS PowerPoint - Unit Standard 117923
- Module 6: Internet - Unit Standard 116931
- Module 7: Emailing - Unit Standard 116945
Also included is keyboard and mouse skills.
Click here to see a detailed course outline and the unit standards the modules maps to.
Benefits of Attending the Computer Literacy Course at CECS
- Training is mapped to SAQA Unit Standards
- On completion of the training, you will be assessed against the Unit Standards at no extra cost to you
- You receive a detailed course manual
- Your get access to our computers and the Internet on Fridays at no extra cost (conditions apply)
- Setting up of a personalised e-mail address
- You will undergo a lifeskills training programme at no extra cost